Are we as spontaneously passionate about God as we used to be?
Is our relationship with God like a newlywed couple?
Are we writing poems and love stories about God?
Are we daydreaming of secret acts of kindness toward others just out of shear love for Jesus?
Are we planning generous acts of common care for family, co-workers, friends and even strangers? (Like free coffee, doughnut, a word of encouragement, letting them in during traffic, etc)
Jesus asked the woman at the well, "Will you give me a drink?"
Jesus needed a place to sleep after so much ministry towards people that He found a place at the bottom of a boat.
Jesus had needs when He walked on this planet. Jesus still has needs right now.
- A stressed out friend who is struggling with their marriage.
- An overworked co-worker working two jobs due to some poor financial decisions.
- A friend who's boyfriend/girlfriend is treating them poorly.
- A family member who just received a bad medical report.
- A person's soul which is so sin sick you can almost see it on their face.
- A stranger risking to ask for help.
Maybe you need to go take a 15 minute break and take a walk with Jesus to let Jesus reveal the condition of your heart. "Godly sorrow produces repentance." 2 Cor7:10
Maybe God has brought to mind someone to serve right now in order to meet Jesus' need.
Maybe God is saying...
How can we fill Jesus' heart with so much love He beams with joy because of how we listened to Him right now?
Praying that Jesus' needs are met through us this week.
Humbled and honored,