"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness! Why should you die?" Ezekiel 33:11
"God does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." 2 Peter 3:9
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17
Wow, God has told us and is still telling us that He does not want anyone to go to Hell. But, then why do people go to hell? Who sends them there?
Let's look at Romans 1:19-21.
"People know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like."
From this passage and from the entire message of the Bible, God has gone to great lengths to clearly show and communicate that He does not want anyone to go to hell.
Let's list a few...
- God created a beautiful, massive and intelligent universe revealing His invisible qualities of power, brilliance and love.
- God created humans as His divine master piece who have brains to think and have this powerful gift called freedom.
- God has spoken to His creation about His holiness and love.
- God has spoken through His prophets, Scriptures, Jesus, the Holy Spirit that He loves us and we have a impure sin problem.
- God demonstrates His radical love for us to rescue us from hell by becoming a human, living a perfect life, dying a sacrificial death and rising a victorious resurrection.
With all this warning throughout all of history, why do people still go to hell?
Rom 1:24 "Therefore God gave them over to the sinful desires of their hearts...."
Rom 1:26 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts."
God does not force anyone to hell. He gives everyone the free choice to choose heaven or hell. According to God's Word, people go to hell because they chose to go to hell. He gives them over to what they want a life with out God.
Let's be an attractive, gentle, persistent sign for Jesus that tells everyone we know, God has a beautiful eternal home in Heaven created for you. Please join me.
Joining Jesus' prayers for everyone to not perish but have everlasting life,