Honduras Mission Trip
Jim and Jane Mone and others from Southtown Baptist Church have teamed up for many years with Baptist Medical and Dental Mission International to serve people in Honduras. They assist doctors, dentists and pharmacists in the clinics, hand out food, clothing and eyeglasses and help as needed with the church services.
What happens on this Mission Trip?
MEDICAL CLINICS: People in Honduras wait in long lines for medical and dental care. Volunteers assist the doctors and dentists that come from the United States to treat those in need of care.
CLOTHING DRIVE: We collect clothing in the USA that is brought to Honduras and given to the people there, who are in great need of clothing and shoes. We need these DONATIONS by end of April:
• Clothing and lightweight jackets of all sizes for men, women and children
• Gently used shoes and sandals
• Prescription eyeglasses, readers and sunglasses
• Sample size toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, lotions, toothpaste, soap bars
• Small toys for children: Hotwheel/Matchbox cars, small stuffed animals, etc.
Clothing and shoes are handed out to people in Honduras who have next to nothing. We accept gently used lightweight clothing (summer and long sleeves) for men, women and children.