Dear Southtown family,
Easter season is one of the best seasons of the year where people far from God are open to an invitation to church. We also know “the face to face invite” is the most effective way to invite someone. Have you invited anyone to come with you yet?
Steve Dyess shared that at the last Christmas Musical, he was so encouraged by the clear Gospel presentation that Jude and I shared between the beautiful songs. He thought, what if there were more people who are far from God present.
This Easter season, we are going to call the Easter series, Bumping Into Jesus.Any time anyone bumps into Jesus, Jesus offers them a life changing enhancement. On Easter, we will see how Jesus offers resurrection power to everyone, if they accept it.
How many of your family and friends need Jesus’ resurrection power in their lives? Maybe some of your family and friends needs resurrection power for their marriages, rebelling children, finances, a job situation, etc. Easter will be a fantastic time for them to receive Jesus’ power specifically for them and what ever that are going through.
We will also be showing a 30 minute artistic film on Good Friday that will help us think through God The Father’s love for us. Another great opportunity to invite others.
Who of your relatives, neighbors, and co-workers do you want to see come to Christ this Easter? People are more likely to be open to your invitation at Easter than at any other time of year. Don't miss this once-a-year opportunity to invite them to church this Easter!
Here's how God can use you this Easter:
1. Ask God to show you who to invite.
2. Treat those people to a coffee or smoothie or snack of their choice and invite them.
3. Bring a different friend to Good Friday service and Easter service! Attached is the Easter email invite. You can share the Easter series from Southtown's Facebook page. You can give them a postcard with the gift of seeds that is attached to it to someone face to face.
4. Please set an example and fill out the brief "Spiritual Survey" card that we take every year at Easter during the service - so visitors will see you do it and feel comfortable doing it too.
5. Pray that dozens will commit their lives to Christ this Easter.
6. Greet everyone around you. There will be a lot of first-time visitors. Please help them with anything they might need.
This Easter we are planning our greatest service ever. I am SO excited about it I can hardly sleep! The music we've planned is incredible! Thanks for your prayers. I am so grateful to be your pastor. Let's each Reach One More ... for Jesus!
Praying for a Jonah chapter 3 season,
Pastor Chris Reinertson enjoys all sports, especially those involving a ball. He loves to hang out with people and challenge them to be Jesus REVolutionizers.