What a name, “Righteous Servant!” God revealed another name of who He is in Isa 53:11. It is so easy for us to know this. But it is so difficult for us to truly grasp the reality of this. God, The Creator, The King of Kings, The Lord of Lords, The Alpha, The Omega, The Great I Am also reveals Himself as The Righteous Servant. The word servant should never be even closely associated with someone so prestigious, so glorious, so majestic, so mind blowing. God The Father, God The Son, God The Holy Spirit rightfully deserve every knee to bow.
Yet, God Himself seeks to bless us, His creation. We see it again in Numbers 6:24, “May the Lord bless you.” “Bless” literally means to kneel. What?!?! Are you kidding me? The God of the Old Testament teaches His people to pray a blessing on everyone and that prayer is the visual image of God kneeling before us, seeking to serve us, desiring to meet our needs…. Doesn’t it say, we bless the Lord, meaning we kneel before the Lord. No, it says God is the servant, serving us, His creation.
As a response, I say, how can I serve? How can I serve God? How can I serve my family? How can I serve my spouse? How can I serve my neighbors? How can I serve His church?
What is your response?
- How can we change the view of the world that God’s family exists to serve them?
- Can we join each other on clean-up day, this Saturday, to serve?
- Can we continue to serve on the ministry team we are serving on or change to a different one?
- Can we seek to serve the 1,000 homes around the church together?
- Can we seek to serve our Fab 5?