…the apostles Peter, Andrew, James and John lived on the shores of this lake and made their living from its abundant fish. This is where Jesus called them to follow Him. (Matt. 4:18,22; Mark 1:16-20; Luke 5: 1-11).
…Jesus often walked along the shores and sailed on its water. He taught many people the truth about God here.
…Jesus lived on this lake in the city of Capernaum which is being explored by archaeologists for clues about his life and followers.
…the apostle Peter's house was and is still here.
…Jesus and Peter walked on the stormy water here.
…Jesus did many wonderful miracles in and around this large lake, including:
- Stopped a violent storm with a word (Matt. 8:23-27; Mark 7:31-35)
- Raised a dead girl (Mark 5:22; Luke 8:41)
- Forgave and healed a paralyzed man who was let down through the roof (Mark 2:1-12)
- Jesus caused disciples to catch a huge number of fish in a miraculous way (Luke 5:1-11)
- After he rose from the dead, he showed himself to his disciples here (John 21)
As I took two runs, walked a few shorelines, saw Peter's home, stood on the rock where Jesus made a post resurrection fish breakfast for His disciples, I was reminded that this is where Jesus did everyday life. Just think of all the life-changing ministry Jesus did during His everyday normal experience. It challenged me to know that Jesus wants to change the world through us in our daily routine. Are we tuned into Jesus' plan for us every day? Are we available to Jesus to serve someone right in front of us? Are we available to step out of our comfort zone to risk to do or say something?
Seeking together to be available every day,